Place of Work: Buckinghamshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
The purpose of the role is to provide a first class service to our customers, completing a high standard of maintenance to the highway network, helping to ensure that all maintenance activities are delivered in accordance with the strategies and policies of the County Council and Buckinghamshire Highways.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
- Must be able to lead a team of operatives undertaking general highway repairs.
- Good communication skills, must be able to brief personnel in their team.
- Must be able to follow company processes & procedures, and instil this in their teams.
- IT experience would be beneficial (IPAD / Smart phone ) .
- Highways maintenance experience.
- A current, valid driving licence is essential, with LGV Class 2 entitlement highly desirable.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime when required.
- A good understanding of health and safety and its impact on the workplace
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers both internally and externally
- Demonstrable awareness of environmental aspects and impacts and waste management.
- NVQ or City & Guilds training in the use of salt-spreading vehicles is desirable.
- Relevant New Roads and Street works or NHSS 12 training and qualifications would be highly beneficial
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Leading a team of Operatives undertaking general highways repairs
- To be the public face of Buckinghamshire Highways and highly visible to residents, road users and other customers on a day-to-day basis
- Pothole repair and carriageway defect reinstatements.
- Carriageway and footway patching and construction.
- Drainage works, including laying pipes, resetting ironwork and gully / access chamber construction.
- Kerbing works.
- Installation of road signs and other small civil works.
Soft estate maintenance works (e.g. grass cutting, strimming, etc.)
- Traffic Management operations.
- Participating in out-of-hours winter maintenance and emergency response activities on a rota basis, which will sometimes involve working unsociable hours, weekends and public holidays
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.