Flood Investigation Officer
Place of Work: Cheshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Working within an existing small team, the Flood Risk Investigation & Improvements Engineer will support the Flood Risk Manager in implementing and communicating the requirements and new duties associated with the Flood and Water Management Act 2010. You will be responsible for the development and design of new highway and flood risk management works and provide engineering support and advice for a range of regulatory flood risk and drainage matters across a number of service areas including highways infrastructure, statutory planning & development control (new drainage works) and coordination of the Cheshire East flood risk management and highways improvements programme.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
• Full clean driving licence
• Experiencing in completing drainage investigations, relating to a number of flood sources
• Experience of corresponding with members of the public, Council Members, MP’s and stakeholders using all forms of communication
• Experience of working in a technical flood risk function associated with the delivery and design of flood risk and drainage improvements , planning & development building control, highway or transportation disciplines in a technical support role
• Experience of delivering flood risk, river and drainage related improvements and projects
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR;
• To assist the Flood Risk Manager in the delivery of the flood risk functions, new duties and responsibilities.
• To manage the investigation and to report and publish details of relevant flooding risk
• To develop, maintain and review relevant Highway Investment and Local transport programmes of work consistent with the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
• Assist with delivery of Strategic Flood Risk Management Body and Flood Risk Management Strategy
• To assist manage the investigation and to report and publish details of relevant flooding risk
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.