Place of Work: Essex
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
The purpose of the role is to deliver the maintenance work for the Structures Maintenance and Management Service to programme, quality and budget with input from Team Leaders or Senior Engineers. This will comprise the design of maintenance works. The role also requires delivery of bridge management duties including the following areas: inspections, data management, emergency call outs, NRSWA, works programme & budget control.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
- Degree, HNC, or equivalent high level qualification, or experience in structures.
- Membership of or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation, relevant structures design procedures and standards and good practice.
- To have knowledge of structural design documents including Eurocodes.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- To prepare, design, plan, programme and order structures works and services.
- To assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on all structures-related matters as required.
- To ensure the team’s performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to structures queries and complaints is in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
- To provide assistance to the Team Leader or Senior Engineer in relation to all aspects covered within the group and deputise in their absence.
- Ensure strong budgetary control and financial management is undertaken throughout areas of responsibility.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.