Place of Work: Buckinghamshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer/Project Manager the role involves the design and delivery of Highways Improvement Design schemes to programme, quality and budget with input from the Senior Engineer. Projects will cover a wide range of traffic engineering / highways improvement schemes beginning with Option Study continuing through Feasibility, Detail Design, production of Works Information, site Information and Pre-Construction Information Packs.
The Successful Candidate will have;
• Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Membership of or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution and demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development
• Knowledge of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Specification for Highway (SHW), Manual for Streets (MfS), Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs).
• Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
• Conversant with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and use of specialist software such as AUTOCAD and its range of complimentary packages.
• Knowledge of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
• Desirable experience with MX/3D Cad, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
• Driving licence
You would be responsible for;
• To design a range of traffic engineering / highways design schemes using existing standards, best practice guidance and within the current legislative framework.
• To assist with the preparation of drawings, reports and calculations for projects
• providing solutions to challenging problems
• To prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services. To ensure that schemes are delivered on time and within budget.
• To ensure speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints is in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
• You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries
• Attend site for site surveys
• To assist with the management and provision of technical support for staff dealing with all aspects of the service.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.