Place of Work: Cheshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join the Design Team in Crewe, Cheshire. The role will primarily focus on the effective design and delivery of a range of Highways and Traffic schemes, on behalf of Cheshire East Council up to £5m.
Ringway Jacobs promote training and further qualifications and this is ideal for a Design Engineer who is looking to further their career within the Highways Sector.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• Membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Good knowledge and application of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents
• Knowledge of and application of Health and Safety legislation
• Knowledge of and application of Highway Legislation
• Proven knowledge and several years of experience of the implementation of traffic management and highway related schemes
• Knowledge and experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
• Knowledge and experience of a range of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Analyse engineering problems, apply technical expertise and engineering judgment and produce solutions to meet legal and management objectives.
• To provide professional and technical advice in highway engineering
• Identify, prepare, design, plan, programme and order works and services.
• Management and monitoring of works programmes or services.
• Provide timely and accurate advice to Councillors, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
• Liaising as required directly with Elected Members, District Councils, and stakeholders and other providers to manage the implementation of allocated programmes of work
• Provide assistance to the Team Leader in relation to all aspects covered within the Team.
• Preparation of reports for projects and attend meetings to provide support as appropriate.
• Liaise with other team members associated with the design and supervision of allocated schemes
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.