Place of Work: Buckinghamshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the busy Insurance Claims Team. The Insurance Claims Team is a central point of contact for all claims queries as well as providing cover and support for the Emergency Team. The role is focussed on proactively seeking out information to identify the culprits who have caused third party damage to the highway infrastructure, to enable the recovery of costs as well as supporting others to gain information and report damage.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Ability to attain the necessary certification required to perform the role including but not exclusive to ‘Highway Safety Inspection Training and Assessment Programme’ City and Guilds 6033
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties
- Familiar with the requirements of working safely within a Highways environment
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR;
- Gathering of evidence in order to identify the culprit in relation to damage caused to the network
- Produce documentation/evidence to support the identification and reporting of third party damage
- Maintaining & developing the Don’t Pay Twice online reporting form
- Attending the scene of incidents
- Obtaining photographic evidence of damage/culprit and any other supporting information
- Liaising with Thames Valley Police, Local Parishes, Councillors & members of the Public to gather intelligence on who has caused specific damage
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.