Civil Engineering Trainee
Place of Work: Essex
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
Here at Ringway Jacobs we are looking for individuals with a passion and enthusiasm for Civil Engineering and Construction Management to join us as a Trainee on our longstanding Essex contract.
At Ringway Jacobs we understand that it’s our people that make the difference and we are committed to supporting our people in achieving a successful career with us.
We offer all our apprentices and graduates a full-time permanent role.
As a Trainee you will be involved in supporting the design and maintenance of the highways network across the county. No two days will be the same as you spend time gaining hands on experience across our Design, Structures, Maintenance and Development Management teams, learning a variety of skills and knowledge and working towards a degree and then a professional qualification.
What the role will involve:
• Assist with the identification, preparation, design, planning, programming, construction, supervision and ordering of work and services to industry standards
• Collect data for the team to allow schemes to progress such as scheduling work, before visual surveys, ordering statutory undertakers’ information, accident statistics and highway boundary information
• Assist with the identification and assessment of schemes and services for the future programmes as appropriate
• Contribute to the team’s performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints in accordance with relevant targets and standards
• Develop an understanding of the overall functions, aims and directions of Essex Highways, and how their specific area of responsibility fits into those objectives
• Supporting the Essex Highways team in delivering a Safer, Greener and Healthier place to live and work
What we can offer:
• A fully funded 5-year course leading to a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and Membership of a professional body
• Competitive salary
• First class, hands on experience with expert teams and mentors
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Opportunities to further your career after your professional qualification
What we are looking for:
• Minimum of 3 A Levels at Grade C or above including maths and a physical science or equivalent
• GCSE maths at grade 5 or above and at least 4 other GCSEs at grade 4 or above which must include English language and a science
• Good written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use Microsoft applications – Word, Teams & Excel
• The ability and flexibility to work at various locations throughout Essex
• Full driving licence or intention and ability to obtain a licence within a year of joining the organisation
• Commitment to excellence and delivery
• Available to commence employment on 1st September 2021
This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to start a successful career into the Highways sector. It is takes time and effort to deliver excellence, but the results are so rewarding! We are looking for candidates who are willing to commit the time needed to achieve the qualifications and progress in this rewarding industry.
Please join us on the 5th of August for a Covid-Compliant Apprentice Recruitment Event – A further date may be offered.
To apply you need your CV plus a letter about yourself and your work ambitions.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.