Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Place of Work: Buckinghamshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• A good understanding of general IT systems (Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel)
• An understanding of Finance/Cost and Contract Management Systems preferential but not mandatory e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, CEMAR, or similar packages.
• The ideal candidate should have knowledge and / or experience of working within the construction industry. Experience directly related to such a role would be preferential
• A basic understanding of all main forms of NEC contract, including past experience of operating under the same
• Being capable of self-time management to meet varying workloads based on the availability of budgets and requirements of the role
• Good team work and communication skills
• The role is broad and includes anything from risk management to procurement, financial reporting and managing both the supply chain and direct works
• Good maths skills.
• Among the qualities the ideal candidate must possess commercial awareness and the willingness to learn / be part of a team
• Relevant Qualifications.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Assessing subcontractor payment applications & preparation of Payment Certificates.
• Carried out site measurements / liaised with operations teams to assess subcontractor payment applications & final accounts.
• Prepared/ Validated Final Account Statements.
• Ensure liabilities were put on the subcontractor payment management system as per subcontractors’ application figures (MS Dynamics – Training will be provided))
• Receive and regularly update the record files as per subcontractor record sheets.
• Assist Quantity Surveyor / Project Managers in preparing and reviewing target costs.
• Review/ assess and process new subcontractor requisitions.
• Assist commercial team in updating Master Tracker.
• Maintain / update Subcontractors Early Warning Notices (EWN) register.
• Maintain / update Subcontractors Notification of Compensation Events (NCE) register.
• Assist Commercial Team/ Operation Team members in responding to client queries with regards to contractual and commercial matters.
• Assist Commercial Manager and Senior QS in providing commercial reports.
• Assist Commercial Team in carrying out subcontractor Performance Reviews/ Audits.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties that may be directed or implied from time to time commensurate to the post and/or organisational requirements
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.