Assistant Management Accountant
Place of Work: Essex
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Assistant Management Accountant to join the Ringway Jacobs Team in Essex. The post holder will provide accounting and financial support, guidance and oversight in relation to the Ringway Jacobs ECC Contract. Support in the production of the monthly P&L and Balance Sheet, Management Pack and the monthly Application to the client. The role plays a leading part to ensure the effective and efficient financial management of the ECC contract working closely with budget holders, senior management and the client.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• Qualified or studying towards ACA/ACCA/CIMA
• Experience in finance and management accounting roles, producing P&Ls and Balance sheets
• Demonstrate basic/intermediate knowledge of accounting principles and processes
• Experience in the preparation and monitoring of financial reports, annual budgets and forecasts
• Good communication, interpersonal and business partnering skills.
• Ability to present financial information to non-financial management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• Supporting the Contract Accountants and Commercial team in the preparation of the monthly Application to the client.
• Support the production of the P&L & Balance Sheet to ensure accurate recording of costs in accordance with accounting practice and principles, including the reconciliation of Accrued Income/WIP.
• Support in the production of key contract finance reports, for Senior Management, including the monthly contract / management accounts pack.
• Liaise with the Commercial Team to ensure the accurate recording of costs and liabilities of the work undertaken to date.
• Support the business in key finance areas, to improve cost coding, financial awareness, understanding of Finance Reports & Financial Risks and Opportunities.
• Ensure all financial policies and procedures relevant to the contract are current and relevant to the contract and are adhered to.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on email@example.com, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.