Asset and Data Senior Technician
Place of Work: Cheshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a forward-thinking, and innovative Data Professional to join Ringways team in Cheshire. The post holder will be responsible for the investigation and development of various asset related work programmes for the service. The role will also focus on assisting the team leader in analysing, interpreting and updating highway infrastructure condition data.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
• Experience in working in a Highways Environment
• A basic understanding of Asset Management principles and concepts.
• A basic understanding of using Pavement Management Systems (Confirm, Horizons, etc)
• An awareness of statistical information sources and an understanding of how data is collected.
• Knowledge and application of budgetary management and control measures.
• A clear understanding of the principles of project management.
• Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
• To programme and co-ordinate all condition surveys for assets groups.
• Analyse data so to compile a programme of future works using Asset Management principals.
• Manage projects to contribute to the planning and delivery of larger maintenance programmes.
• Liaise with asset owners to ensure programme of future works are fully appropriate to the declared priorities and performance targets for the service and provide the best whole life value possible.
• To help prepare, under the direction of the Team Leader, Asset Management related documentation including policies, strategies, lifecycle plans etc for adoption by the service.
• Contribute to resource and budget planning for the team’s annual Business Plan.
• To lead on the development of procedures and processes for the use of Asset Management IT systems (Confirm, etc) to drive the efficient use of the system across the organisation.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.