Place of Work: Aylesbury
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs’ partnership with Buckinghamshire Council started in 2009 and we continue to support Transport for Buckinghamshire as part of the new unitary authority. Buckinghamshire is a county of mixed and vibrant environments; the vast and beautiful Aylesbury Vale in the north neighbours the bustling Wycombe and Chiltern areas, where the M25 meets the M40 and commuters enjoy easy access to the Metropolitan tube line. Connecting everything is the highway network; the County’s largest asset and it is Transport for Buckinghamshire’s responsibility to keep it safe and serviceable for all.
The Area Scheduler will be responsible for developing and maintaining the planned and reactive maintenance programme for Area based works within their Area of the county in which they are based. They will also develop and maintain the programs of specific allocated county-wide maintenance activities (e.g. rural grass cutting, super sucker, weed spraying etc) and ensure that these activities are coordinated with other planned activities.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
- Experience of programming and scheduling of works
- Proven excellent written communication skills
- Communications skills to build relationships influence and engage successfully with colleagues, partners and customers at all levels in complex or political sensitive situations
- ICT Proficient including MS Office, MS Project and knowledge of “Confirm” or similar AM Systems
- Experience of booking road space in a previous role would be highly desirable
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Developing, updating and maintaining a forward programmed of all cyclic and planned maintenance activities.
- Developing and scheduling all short term reactive works identified through inspectors and LATs onto the RJ Work Management System.
- Uploading all out of hours work onto CONFIRM system for out of hours jobs.
- Raising notices/permits requests in accordance with Streetworks requirements, and ensure all approval is received, prior to any works proceeding on the highway.
- Monitoring and policing compliance with Streetworks requirements and raise issues with Area Teams to drive full compliance.
- Holding weekly meetings with Highway Inspectors, Supervisors to review and prioritise forward works programme to ensure coordination with other activities to minimise disruptions to the public and maximise any road space occupancy and efficiency of work.
- Attending weekly coordination meetings with other Schedulers and Programmers to coordinate and optimise work programmes across area boundaries and across different work types including coordination with Schemes and Lighting works.
- Updating all cyclic works and planned works programmes on at least a weekly basis.
- Ensuring relevant programmes are appropriately linked to the SIC and is accurately representing the programme of work.
- Providing weekly look-ahead programmes to Area Teams and others in a suitable format to ensure area wide awareness of all activities within the Area.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.