Place of Work: Essex
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Highways Operative to join the Ringway Jacobs Team based at our Ardleigh Depot. The successful candidate will be a proactive member of a gang primarily responsible for setting out, maintaining and removing traffic management as well as general reactive and planned highway repairs with a willingness to join out of hours call out rotas for emergencies and (once trained) winter maintenance.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
- Good basic practical skills
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Work well as part of a team
- Responsible and mature attitude
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Basic understanding of health and safety requirements
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Understand and follow basic work procedures to ensure adherence to health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Assist trained operatives with the installation, maintenance and - removal of Traffic Management to sector scheme standards.
- Assist with facilitating highway maintenance works.
- Assist with the completion of general reactive and planned highway maintenance repairs.
- Assist with recording work activities using hand-held devices.
- Assist with inspection of plant, machinery and vehicles.
- Assist with the response to emergencies.
- Work towards gaining a HGV licence.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.