Place of Work: Bedfordshire
Position Type: Permanent
WHO ARE RINGWAY JACOBS
We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, and innovative Agent to join the Ringway Jacobs Team in Bedfordshire. The key purpose of this diverse position is to manage the construction phase of scheme works across the Client Portfolios and External Clients.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE;
- A good understanding of the principles of safety management.
- An understanding of all commercial and financial requirements.
- Understanding of environmental principles of significant impacts, aspects and controls.
- Ability to effectively manage health and safety and environmental emergencies.
- Awareness of the waste process.
- Ability to deal effectively with peers and client representatives.
- Ability to engage and conduct effective negotiations with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
- A comprehensive understanding of highway maintenance and works.
- Understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
- A detailed understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
- CITB SMSTS Managing Safety or equivalent.
- HNC Civil Engineering or equivalent preferable.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Liaison with client, stakeholders and third parties.
- Support Early Contractor Involvement with subcontractors.
- Working with the Supply Chain to ensure levels of service in terms of quality and safe working practices are maintained to a high level and compliant with standards/legislation with the above that may be directed or implied from time to time as required.
- Effectively lead and manage the construction phase of CBC and external client schemes.
- Provide input into buildability during design phase. Resolve construction issues for design team members and provide advice where necessary.
- Coordination between the design team and the build team during the project start up.
- Work with the Commercial team in the development of Target Costs.
- Develop, manage, and ensure compliance with the agreed scheme programmes.
If you require further details, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0330 311 2502 or e-mail them on firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the Apply Now button.
As an equal opportunities employer, should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.